Below, find a 2009 episode of On Being with Krista Tippett featuring Zak, followed by a transcription of one of its many interesting passages. The episode is especially interesting because the conversation took place during the market collapse often called The Great Recession. The passage was chosen for its closing lines’ use of Aristotle’s virtue of magnificence and angle on prosperity and its “refudiation” of the idea that financial transactions and economic pursuits are unbecoming and base.
Ethan’s 8 Most Recent
- Video Messaging Company Ends Stealth Mode With Stunning New Branding
- BombBomb Names John Main as Chief Financial Officer
- Shannon Plumb Joins BombBomb as SVP of Revenue
- BombBomb Taps Nicole Craine as Chief Operating Officer
- The Power of Human Connection: Async Video Messaging to Humanize Business Communication
- Simon & Schuster Board Announced: Members Come from Disney, TikTok and Publishing
- Washington Post Journalists Go on One-Day Strike
- Obamas’ Vision for Hollywood Company: ‘This Isn’t Like Masterpiece Theatre’
- Republicans Weigh New Debate Rules That Could Lead to More Onstage Clashes
- What Makes a Good Gift Guide?