Below, find a 2009 episode of On Being with Krista Tippett featuring Zak, followed by a transcription of one of its many interesting passages. The episode is especially interesting because the conversation took place during the market collapse often called The Great Recession. The passage was chosen for its closing lines’ use of Aristotle’s virtue of magnificence and angle on prosperity and its “refudiation” of the idea that financial transactions and economic pursuits are unbecoming and base.
Ethan’s 8 Most Recent
- The Power of Human Connection: Async Video Messaging to Humanize Business Communication
- Streamline Your Workflow with BombBomb’s Async Video Messaging: Overcoming Cumbersome Processes
- Drive Measurable Business Results at Scale with Async Video Messaging
- Human Connection and Emotional Impact in EX and CX
- The Future of Business Communication: Async Video Messaging
- Break Through the Noise: Investor and Media Perspectives on Crafting a Compelling Story
- How Buyers Can Scale High-Quality Carbon Dioxide Removal for Climate Impact
- UN climate chief Simon Stiell: 'We need concrete climate action, not empty fanfare.'
- 6 things Starbucks learned from its reusable cup experiments
- Combining the best of regenerative and cellular agriculture
- How Smaller Manufacturers Can Upgrade Their Tech
- Research: Consumers Choose Shared Experiences Over Quality Ones
- Why Is It So Hard to Leave a Bad Job?
- Persona-Powered Onboarding for Better Employee Engagement and Retention - SPONSOR CONTENT FROM UNISYS
- E-Commerce Platforms Must Prioritize the Consumer-Influencer Relationship